I had booked out a editing suite in hopes that my group would attend and join me in the process of editing the image, unfortunately I was notified that my group would not attend, so I decided to edit at home, as I was alone in the process.
I had originally intended to use After affects for the editing of the piece, although after a day of trying to make it work adding 3d elements to the images, I couldnt get the software to do what I needed it to do, therefore I decided to change over to an alternative, Cinema 4D, a 3d editing environment, both for cinema and scene creation and also for model building and animation.
I found working in a 3D environment where I could see the piece coming together and alter the setup with ease, far more simpler. I spaced each image out, and made the first image the biggest, going down in size consecutively throough each image, I then set up a camera, keypoint each movement as I moved the camera through each image. I had originally used 4000 frames ( which roughly accumalates to 2-3 mins of runtime). Unfortunately, this is where I ran into many problems, for that many frames my computer, did not have enough memory, and after 2 hours of rendering the video file was corrupt and incomplete, I finally discovered this was the problem, both too late and after 3 attempts of rerendering it out. I then had to go back and reanimate the entire piece, using 400 frames instead of 4000, although this would dramatically alter the runtime, and gave me 15 seconds of footage, I was able then to take that footage into video editing software, and lengthen the process, and adding affects.
No comments:
Post a Comment