When I first looked into studying at Manchester Metropolitan University, I was extremely sold by the idea of unit X and the chance to work with other departments from the School Of Art, bringing new ideas and experience in the other fields to the table. Allowing various departments to create a piece of Art, that had elements of each practice. Allowing myself to gain knowledge and experience of working with other individuals from various fields in the future.
I will have to start out by saying that unfortunately, I had a bad experience with this entire unit. After meeting my group, I had found myself doing all the work, and organizing the entire thing, with the exception of Rachel Kurs, who had assisted me in the logistics of the piece and taking the photographs, I had found ourselves being the only ones to turn up to meetings and the only ones to stay behind to complete the work.
Unfortunately, I had found Arthur would make up regular excuses as to not attend and to leave early, I personally found him extremely lazy.
Amelia, She was great to have around and boosted the group morale, although again, she wass not available when needed the most, and contributed little to none.
Rachel, shes was extremely interesting to work with, and I give credit where credit was due, she like myself, would make the hour long journey to meet up, to find myself and rachel were the only ones to arrive and had to finish work ourselves.
Amelia and Arthur, were unwilling to travel five minutes out of there way to do the simpliest of tasks, as it would have been an hour to and then an hour back for myself and Rachel.
I found this extremely stressful, as I found that it only seemed that myself and Rachel were the only ones willing to put the time into the unit. This then lead to me becoming extremely frustrated with the entire unit. I feel and in fact actually decided on the idea, organized the set up and finally edited the piece alone, Rachel had helped me complete the piece and shared my frustration with the group.
Unfortunately, I felt that the entire unit, was rushed in planning and was improvised as it went along. I understand film making is a sometimes stressful and dissappointing career, although I wish it was planned in detail prior. I found my view of my group extremely lacking, there inability to take burden of certain tasks only left it to myself to complete. I felt there was no branch to reach out to and no guidelines to encourage the other members of the group to contribute, I feel they felt like they were on vacation and just watched as myself and Rachel did all the hard work. I went into this unit with high expectations and excitement in working with another set of individuals with artistic qualities, I was greatly disappointed, and will reiterate I feel they are lazy and unprofessional.
I have finished this unit, with what I can only explain as "having a bad taste in my mouth" I do not wish to work with photographers again.
No comments:
Post a Comment