I found it extremely interesting, and very idea provoking.
We were shown a varied amounts of cameras, some with various functions, shooting in a slower or faster frame rate, zoom capabilities etc. This made me aware of the possibilities and limitations of working with Super 8.
Unlike digital cameras, what you saw is what your gonna get, there are no redos, its too costly to do so, and if you want to develop your film, you best be prepared to wait for the final piece.
Unfortuantely, the film we were using did not record sound, which was slightly dissappointing.
I enjoed this session, I felt it gave me various ideas and I think its given me a strong idea of what I want to create for my final exibition.
I will post on here my final film when its developed when we're back.
I was dissapointed with how filiming went. As we had two days to create our short, and i was not available the day after, due to doing work on my new bathroom. My group went ahead and filmed without me, which Althought would of been cutting it short, I believe they should have waited for me till the day, when we could have filmed it and handed our work in together. Despite this, I turned up to uni early to collect the camera, the other student was late, and I have responsibilites to attend to that day, this gave me restricted amount of time with the camera, I am ashamed to say that, I recorded a video from youtube of some construction work in progress.
There is always a silver lining to a cloud. Due to this embarassing piece I had added to what should of been a lot of fun. I finally came up with my idea.
I am going to show a progress of digital and analogue form, through a journey through time. Its hard to explain. I will post into a seperate page.
No comments:
Post a Comment